Questions For William Ostrander!

The Christine Car Club Welcomes William Ostrander aka Buddy Repperton!

Questions For William Ostrander!

Postby Bloodhound1958 on September 2nd, 2010, 11:21 pm

Folks, please feel free to post any questions you might have for Bill here in this section! Like before we'll be limiting the questions to about 15 so best not think about what your gonna ask for too long! [a_goodjobson.gif]
Bloodhound1958
Founder/Webmaster/Administrator

Highscores: 3
Medals: 10
Club Contribution Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) CCC Perseverence Award (1) CCC Achievment Award! (1)
5 Star General's Award (1) Liberator Of The CCC 2008 (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1)
Big Block (1) Royal Order Of The CCC (1)

Re: Questions For William Ostrander!

Postby 58plym on September 3rd, 2010, 10:10 am

William , I just wanted to know if you like playing the bad boy parts? I know you done a good job playing the part because it made me hate you. :) Knowing when a person does that he is a good actor, just wanted to say life has been good to you, You still look great after all these years. I like how you have taken care of yourself. Good luck in the future. Are you still acting and what are the other things you have done.? Thanks for your time William and hope the future is nothing but good for you and your family. :)

Idaho Bob

SIR ROBERT THE WISE..... FIRST KNIGHT OF THE CCC
58plym
Knights Order Of The CCC III
Knights Order Of The CCC III

Medals: 14
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) CCC Member Of the Year 2009 (1) Club Contribution Award (1)
CCC Customization Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) Religious Dedication Award (1) CCC Achievment Award! (1)
Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1) Medal Mania Medal (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1)
6 Star Generals Award (1) Big Block (1)

Postby kevins_fury on September 3rd, 2010, 11:38 am

Did you find it fun to act- picking on Keith's character Arnie? And did you ever get a chance to drive one of the '58's from the film?
The only thing I've ever loved in this whole rotten life-is that car!
kevins_fury
Christine Car Club Member

Postby Bloodhound1958 on September 3rd, 2010, 5:54 pm

How exactly did you "invent" Buddy?
Bloodhound1958

Club Contribution Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) CCC Perseverence Award (1) CCC Achievment Award! (1)
5 Star General's Award (1) Liberator Of The CCC 2008 (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1)

Postby EVIL_FURY on September 3rd, 2010, 7:04 pm

Hey Bill I was wondering if you had a good time destroying Christine? :) Also, I loved the way you tossed your jacket on the wall. lol Classic!
EVIL_FURY

Postby Christinefury on September 3rd, 2010, 8:07 pm

I read somewhere that acting wasn't that fulfilling for you but was there any fun moments in any of the movies or tv shows you have been on?
Christinefury
Elite Golden Commando CCC Member

Medals: 3
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1)

Postby 318fins on September 10th, 2010, 12:34 am

hello William did u enjoy the texas event and are u going to do more events? also are u into old classic cars or what are your hobbies or passion?, your part in the movie was pretty darn convincing.also do u bodybuild?
"You can do it if you put your back into it"
318fins
Christine Car Club Premier Member
Christine Car Club Premier Member

Medals: 4
CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) CCC Perseverence Award (1) Better Business Award (1)

Postby Bloodhound1958 on October 5th, 2010, 6:49 pm

Welcome to the CCC William. How do you feel about there being such an interest in the movie, cars and upcoming events planned by the club some 27 years after Christine hit theatres?
Bloodhound1958

Postby spockistheman on October 5th, 2010, 9:06 pm

Hi William! Did anyone ever tell you that you looked like a buff John Travolta in Christine?

How did you like playing Forbes LaMotte in the North and The South? Didn't you end up in a sword fight with John Stockwell?

Thanks so much for your work!

Joe
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T
1957 Chevy 210 2-door, 427/ 4speed
1957 Chevy 210 4-door 235/powerglide
Hopefully a future 1958 Plymouth
spockistheman

Postby ChristineLuva58 on October 6th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Hey, William! How did you like playing Buddy?

I LOVE CHRISTINE!!!!
"Watch what you say about my car. She's sensitive". -Arnie Cunnigham
ChristineLuva58

Location: on the road somewhere with Christine...in my mind!!

Postby Nemo on October 6th, 2010, 8:06 pm

just want to ask if you have the complete records of your work.

I want to have them because i'm a fun of your.
Nemo

Postby ChristineArnielover on October 7th, 2010, 8:53 pm

What did you do to get into your role as Buddy? Anything fancy? lol
Arnie Cunningham: "Has it ever occurred to you that part of being a parent is tryin' to kill your kids?"
ChristineArnielover
Evil Fury fan

Medals: 3
Happy Birthday Medal (1) Club Contribution Award (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1)

Postby William_Ostrander on October 11th, 2010, 7:53 am

58plym wrote:William , I just wanted to know if you like playing the bad boy parts? I know you done a good job playing the part because it made me hate you. :) Knowing when a person does that he is a good actor, just wanted to say life has been good to you, You still look great after all these years. I like how you have taken care of yourself. Good luck in the future. Are you still acting and what are the other things you have done.? Thanks for your time William and hope the future is nothing but good for you and your family. :)

Idaho Bob

Hey I B,

I've played heroes and villains. Except for not getting the girl in the end, and probably a bit of ego bashing having to lose a fight, eventually, to the good guy, Bad guy parts are more fun than the hero parts. It's fun to vent your demons and get paid for it. I don't act anymore because being an actor is a lifestyle choice and I never liked living in the city, or waiting for the phone to ring, or just being indoors so much. I loved the traveling, meeting some really cool creative people and the compassion that comes from trying to understand a different perspective. I enjoyed making movies at the time. I just grew out of it I guess. I really appreciate the well wishes. I'm going through a nasty divorce right now and I appreciate the positive thoughts.

Stay strong Idaho Bob!
William_Ostrander

Postby William_Ostrander on October 11th, 2010, 7:55 am

kevins_fury wrote:Did you find it fun to act- picking on Keith's character Arnie? And did you ever get a chance to drive one of the '58's from the film?

No, I never got a chance to drive one of the '58's. Those cars were constantly in the shop being repaired or readied for the movie. 21 of them were used in the movie and 19 of those were driven I understand. Sure, I liked picking on Arnie. He's a pussy. j/k ;)
William_Ostrander

Postby William_Ostrander on October 11th, 2010, 7:56 am

Bloodhound1958 wrote:How exactly did you "invent" Buddy?

Stephen King invented Buddy I just interpreted him. When I read the script I immediately thought of a couple of guys I knew in high school. Everybody who went to high school knows a "Buddy". What was funny to me was that the character description of Buddy in the script called for a guy "...with a mean and stupid looking face..." and the casting agent told me she thought I was perfect for the role! Bitch! I also like to brag that I beat Nicholas Cage out for the role.
William_Ostrander

Postby William_Ostrander on October 11th, 2010, 7:59 am

EVIL_FURY wrote:Hey Bill I was wondering if you had a good time destroying Christine? :) Also, I loved the way you tossed your jacket on the wall. lol Classic!

Hey Chuck,

Yes I did. It's counter intuitive to smash something of great value. Smashing a big steel car with a sledge hammer is definitely harder than it looks. I was sweating and breathing hard whaling away on that car. I hit the battery which exploded and everybody freaked thinking I'd just splashed acid in my face. The mechanics thought of that however and no harm was done. Thank God you caught my one COOL moment! I worked on that move with the jacket and it worked on the first take. I always point out that scene to my kids. :)
William_Ostrander

Postby William_Ostrander on October 11th, 2010, 7:59 am

Christinefury wrote:I read somewhere that acting wasn't that fulfilling for you but was there any fun moments in any of the movies or tv shows you have been on?

Hell yeah! I've gotten to do some pretty cool stunts in some of my B movies like Stryker where I played a young Mel Gibson character from Road Warrior. I got to do a fight scene on top of a moving truck and fall backwards onto a passing car. I had to do a strip in Mike's Murder which was fun and weird. My Dad asked me to do that same strip for one of his female workmates (...ahhh, no!). I've been to some pretty cool locations on the China Sea and in the French Alps. I had a blast dancing in a nightclub in Charleston with Kirstie Alley and Leslie Ann Down while making North and South. And there are some really cool people every once in a while. Alexandra Paul and I went out for a couple of years during and after the movie and I still love her. As I said before, Acting is a lifestyle choice and the down times between jobs sucked for me. I believe that there are people who read books and then people who books are written about. I wanted to be the latter and sitting around L.A. waiting for my next job wasn't what I wanted for my life.
William_Ostrander

Postby William_Ostrander on October 11th, 2010, 8:01 am

318fins wrote:hello William did u enjoy the texas event and are u going to do more events? also are u into old classic cars or what are your hobbies or passion?, your part in the movie was pretty darn convincing.also do u bodybuild?

The Texas event was great. Except for getting a stomach bug on Sunday. It was great meeting all of the fans of Christine. And if there is interest in me being at more shows I'd be glad to do it. I like old cars but I'm too lazy to keep them clean like there supposed to be so i don't own any. My ranch truck hasn't had a proper cleaning in years. I never really had a hobby. My ex tells me I'm a malcontent but I just think I have a curious mind like my father had and I like to try different stuff. With a ranch and kids and a girlfriend it's hard to have time for much else.

No, I'm not a bodybuilder. I believe in eating right as much as possible and working out. Life wears you down so I believe you have to do your best to hold on to what you've got.
William_Ostrander

Postby William_Ostrander on October 26th, 2010, 2:06 pm

Bloodhound1958 wrote:Welcome to the CCC William. How do you feel about there being such an interest in the movie, cars and upcoming events planned by the club some 27 years after Christine hit theatres?

Totally unexpected but totally cool. It's like finding $20 on the sidewalk. Good God, let's make Christine 2. Thanks for your welcome.

Cheers,

Bill
William_Ostrander

Postby William_Ostrander on October 26th, 2010, 2:07 pm

spockistheman wrote:Hi William! Did anyone ever tell you that you looked like a buff John Travolta in Christine?

How did you like playing Forbes LaMotte in the North and The South? Didn't you end up in a sword fight with John Stockwell?

Thanks so much for your work!

Joe

Q.1 When I first started in the movies in 1978 John Travolta was everywhere. I started getting comparisons back then. My first movie starred Joey Travolta who was a cool guy in his own right. For the first three weeks of the movie half of the people thought I was Joey. Now I don't get it so much. I was tempted to ask John's future wife, Kelly Preston out during the filming but didn't because I started dating Alexandra.

Q.2 That fella got the better of me in 2 movies. North and South was more fun off screen than on screen. Dancing with Kirsty Alley and Leslie Ann Down, hanging out with my friend at the time, Forest Whitaker, marital dramas playing out in hotel rooms, playing pool with the locals in Mississippi. Good times. Thanks for remembering one of my other roles.

Thanks for your interest. Stay strong

Cheers,

Bill
William_Ostrander

Postby William_Ostrander on October 26th, 2010, 2:14 pm

ChristineLuva58 wrote:Hey, William! How did you like playing Buddy?

What's not to like? It was fun while I was doing it and it is so frickin cool that people are still responding to the movie.

Cheers,

Bill
William_Ostrander

Postby William_Ostrander on October 26th, 2010, 2:17 pm

Nemo wrote:just want to ask if you have the complete records of your work.

I want to have them because i'm a fan of yours.

No. Could I gather it all? Maybe. Some early low budget crap might be hard to find. Most of the TV and studio films are accessible. Did you ever see the Ralph Bakshi animated film "Fire and Ice"? I play 5 characters in that. I'm credited with playing Prince Taro and I am the body and voice for him - less one dubbed line. I was also the voice of the lead but another actor's body was used.

Cheers,

Bill
William_Ostrander

Postby William_Ostrander on October 26th, 2010, 2:20 pm

ChristineArnielover wrote:What did you do to get into your role as Buddy? Anything fancy? lol

I continued letting my hair grow from a movie I had just done in the Philippines, I grew my sexy mutton chop sideburns, and put on the clothes. Once the outside was done my inner a**hole came out. After the dailies of my first day of filming, which was me and my partner coming out of the liquor store, Carpenter and Kobritz - the producer, called me into their office. I was scared they were going to fire me. But they just told me that i was coming off too sexy(?!) and asked me to be meaner. Sometimes i think that i could have played Buddy "bigger". Oh, well.

Cheers,

Bill
William_Ostrander

Return to The Christine Car Club Welcomes William Ostrander