Ben's '58 Opel Rekord

Got a Restoration You Are Working On? Post here. This is for all your restorations whatever it may be.

Re: Ben's '58 Opel Rekord

Postby Ben on October 25th, 2011, 1:58 pm

58plym wrote:Keep up the good work Ben. You will be driving yur own first car here pretty soon. <sgtscroggins>

I hope so :)

moparjoe wrote:hey Ben, you are doing a great job, its coming along really well and you know your stuff, keep it up buddy!

Thanks Joe! I'm doing my best. When I come home from work (usually at about 5:20 pm or so) I always try to do as much work on the car as possible.

Car_Junky2000 wrote:Ben I would be glad to help you in any way I can. Thanks for asking. (o):]

Thank you Christine! I've never did car upholstery work and I'm sure I'll need some help with it sooner or later.

FuryV800 wrote:Hi Ben, thats a real nice Rekord P1, I think it cam from France? What i see the car is most complet thats important, I remember Chrom and any Brake parts are
difficult to find. If you need help with Engine please ask. I restored a Rekord "A" from 63 any years ago, they have the same Engine.
Michael

Hey Michael, danke für das Angebot!
Ich habe mich bereits in einem Rekord Forum angemeldet und da bekommt man auch hilfreiche Tipps. Die Leute da sind ziemlich überrascht, dass ein 17-Jähriger Interesse an alten Autos hat, glaube ich :lol: Das Chrom außen ist noch komplett, aber das meiste davon ist im grauenhaften Zustand... Die hintere Stoßstange hab ich stundenlang entrosten müssen, aber die Zierleisten sind nicht so schlecht, würde ich sagen. Der Motor ist leider fest, der Verteiler fehlt und alle Kühlerschläuche sind fertig. Ich hab die Zündkerzen rausgemacht und Diesel eingefüllt, ich versuche bald mal, mit der Brechstange an der Schwungscheibe anzusetzen, denke ich. (War ein Tipp vom Rekordforum, klingt schlimmer als es ist!)
Sorry for my English, I'm still having problems with grammar sometimes but I'm doing my best.

Check out my YouTube account => Save Old Cars.

Sir Ben The Brave

Never surrender

Ever get the feeling you can't go on
Just remember whose side it is that you're on
You've got friends with you till the end
If you're ever in a tough situation
We'll be there with no hesitation
Brotherhood's our rule we cannot bend
Ben
German Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Highscores: 8
Medals: 7
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) CCC Customization Award (1)
5 Star General's Award (1) Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1)

Postby Ben on October 29th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Of course I've sanded down the bumper properly now, just wanted to make an interesting contrast.

I'm sorry my progress is rather slow, but I don't have much time for the restoration after work... Hmm... I bet you all know how I'll spend my summer vacation! lol!
Sorry for my English, I'm still having problems with grammar sometimes but I'm doing my best.

Sir Ben The Brave

Never surrender

Ben
German Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) CCC Customization Award (1)
5 Star General's Award (1) Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1)

Postby 58plym on October 29th, 2011, 7:12 pm

Dang Ben you are going right to work on her. You don't do any fooling around, Going to be a great looking and running car when you get done with it and you can say you done it all by yourself. Im proud of you Dude. <sgtscroggins>

SIR ROBERT THE WISE..... FIRST KNIGHT OF THE CCC
58plym
Knights Order Of The CCC III

Medals: 14
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) CCC Member Of the Year 2009 (1) Club Contribution Award (1)
CCC Customization Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) Religious Dedication Award (1) CCC Achievment Award! (1)
Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1) Medal Mania Medal (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1)
6 Star Generals Award (1) Big Block (1)

Postby christineuk on October 30th, 2011, 4:05 pm

Looks like a great project Ben, looks to be complete too. Those motors are tough units so unless something really bad happened to it I rekon it should free up with some diesel in the bores and some patience. Strange design having the front main bearing outside the sump, that feature lasted until the early nineties on some GM engines.

Your Chevy must be fast, because it sure was haulin' a$$ when my Mopar passed it."
christineuk
Elite Golden Commando CCC Member

Movie Clone Accuracy Award (1) Crem De La Crem Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1)
Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) Big Block (1) 230ci straight six cyl (1)

Postby EvilPlymouth on October 30th, 2011, 9:14 pm

Hey Ben, I think your cheating me, you are going right to primer! LOL It is looking great, I like that lil car. Its different and I think we all like that. Dare to be different as they say. JOEC>
"Keep your Friend's close but your enemies closer"
EvilPlymouth
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 8
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) Better Business Award (1)
5 Star General's Award (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1) Big Block (1) Royal Order Of The CCC (1)

Postby Christinefury on October 30th, 2011, 9:39 pm

I really like that dash & steering wheel.
Christinefury

Medals: 3
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1)

Postby Evilstretch on October 31st, 2011, 2:23 am

Ben wrote:I'm sorry my progress is rather slow, but I don't have much time for the restoration after work... Hmm... I bet you all know how I'll spend my summer vacation! lol!

steve evilstretch.gif Yeah at this pace, you'll be driving around in your wickedly restored P1 i"i

If it’s an ambulance,
You’ve got a chance.
But if it’s a hearse,
It’s gotta be worse.

^^______________
_ /_Y________||___\_______
\___@________|____|___@_|
Aussie Slang Translations

Sir Steve The Stouthearted
Sixth Knight of the CCC.
Evilstretch
Aussie Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Highscores: 13
Medals: 6
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) Religious Dedication Award (1)
CCC Achievment Award! (1) 5 Star General's Award (1)

Postby Ben on October 31st, 2011, 2:01 pm

Thank you everyone. Unfortunately, I've torn my ankle joint band yesterday while I was playing soccer. I'll have to use crutches to be able to walk, the doc says for 6 weeks. Dang, I'll try to work on the car even if it's gonna hurt. {BEN}

Sir Ben The Brave

Never surrender

Ben
German Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Postby EvilPlymouth on October 31st, 2011, 4:19 pm

OMG. Sorry you are hurt Ben! I guess I can catch up to you now. LOL ;)
"Keep your Friend's close but your enemies closer"
EvilPlymouth
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 8
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) Better Business Award (1)
5 Star General's Award (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1) Big Block (1) Royal Order Of The CCC (1)

Postby Ben on November 2nd, 2011, 5:56 pm

EvilPlymouth wrote:OMG. Sorry you are hurt Ben! I guess I can catch up to you now. LOL ;)

Hey Joe, don't get your hopes up! :lol: I'll be trying to work on the car again tomorrow... I need to get the body done as soon as possible! Dang, I still need to get the engine running... And I need a gas tank, new tires, brakes, suspension parts... Oh man, seems like this will keep me busy for the next year. ;)

Argh, I don't even have a clear title yet.

Sir Ben The Brave

Never surrender

Ben
German Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Postby 58plym on November 2nd, 2011, 6:10 pm

Sorry to hear you are Injured Ben, take it easy so you can have a full recovery. You know If I were you and I am not, I wouldn't be putting any real money in the car till I got a clear Title. Lot of funny things happen , I have done that before and some people just don't try to get the title for you. :)

SIR ROBERT THE WISE..... FIRST KNIGHT OF THE CCC
58plym

Medals: 14
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) CCC Member Of the Year 2009 (1) Club Contribution Award (1)
CCC Customization Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) Religious Dedication Award (1) CCC Achievment Award! (1)
Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1) Medal Mania Medal (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1)
6 Star Generals Award (1) Big Block (1)

Previous

Return to Restoration Section