Christine's sequel?

The place to discuss John Carpenters adaptation of the famous Stephen King novel. Brought to the big screen and released in 1983 it tells the eerie, twisted love story of a teenager and his obsessively jealous 1958 Plymouth Fury!

Re: Christine's sequel?

Postby EVIL_FURY on October 30th, 2010, 6:32 am

Hey folks,

I spoke to Richard Kobritz (producer of Christine) on the phone last week and he told me that there are no plans by anyone to film a remake or sequal for Christine. If anyone was going to do this.. they would have to speak to him first because he still owns the rights to the name (Christine) and the film. I hope this help those who were asking about it. :)

Chuck
EVIL_FURY

Postby Yearofchristine on May 18th, 2011, 8:04 pm

would you be able to give me mr kobritz contact info. im in the process of making a sequel. im still writing it though. thanks
Yearofchristine
Christine Car Club Member

Postby Dukeboy on May 19th, 2011, 6:57 pm

The only problem I have with Hollywood doing "Christine" again, is the fact that it undoubtedly will be another tragedy like the DOH movie in '05...Hollywood tries to hard to please this Gen. with a movie that was out a couple Gen Before...The fans of today will NOT be fans of anything Hollywood does to "Christine II"...Our luck, they'd have Rob Zombie or some other "Slasher" type freak doing a 2 hour movie where there's nothing but guts flying everywhere. The Original "Christine" left that to your emagination...This is why it was such a great movie...Don't even get me started on unreallistic CGI effects....
Dukeboy

Postby Evilstretch on May 20th, 2011, 9:16 am

Dukeboy wrote:...... is the fact that it undoubtedly will be another tragedy like the DOH movie in '05 ......

Hell I loved Willie playing Uncle Jesse but the rest was pretty well messed up.

If it’s an ambulance,
You’ve got a chance.
But if it’s a hearse,
It’s gotta be worse.

^^______________
_ /_Y________||___\_______
\___@________|____|___@_|
Aussie Slang Translations

Sir Steve The Stouthearted
Sixth Knight of the CCC.
Evilstretch
Aussie Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Highscores: 13
Medals: 6
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) Religious Dedication Award (1)
CCC Achievment Award! (1) 5 Star General's Award (1)

Postby DannyC426Hemi on May 20th, 2011, 10:17 am

Thinking about it, forget a Hollywood remake or prequel/sequel job. What I'd like to see is a mini-series (a-la Rose Red & The Stand) so that the time can be taken to follow the book more closely. I love the movie, but there is some stuff in the book that I would love to see on film. Christine chasing Buddy in his Camaro through the snow-covered park would make a great scene, as would seeing her smash into Will Darnell's living room to get to him. On the DVD special features, I think it was an interview with Kobritz, it was said that they dropped the storyline where Arnie is possessed by Roland LeBay & the steady decay of LeBay throught he story due to "An American Werewolf In London" using a similar story line, which I think is a shame, as this is the main plot-thread in the book. I would suffer the mostly has-been actors that tend to fill up roles in mini-series' to see a longer programme which sticks closer to the book.

By the way, welcome to all of the new members on this thread!
"Dream As If You'll Live Forever.
Live As If You'll Die Today."
James Dean
DannyC426Hemi

Postby Evilstretch on May 20th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Danny you should get together on here with Mandi and work up some ideas :idea:

If it’s an ambulance,
You’ve got a chance.
But if it’s a hearse,
It’s gotta be worse.

^^______________

Sixth Knight of the CCC.
Evilstretch
Aussie Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) Religious Dedication Award (1)

Postby DannyC426Hemi on May 22nd, 2011, 10:04 am

Evilstretch wrote:Danny you should get together on here with Mandi and work up some ideas :idea:

Would love to. Would be good to get a few people together to bash out some ideas, see what we can come up with.
"Dream As If You'll Live Forever.
Live As If You'll Die Today."
James Dean
DannyC426Hemi

Postby Evilstretch on May 24th, 2011, 4:17 am

DannyC426Hemi wrote:Would love to. Would be good to get a few people together to bash out some ideas, see what we can come up with.

Hey Danny you may be interested in this thread and can hook up with Mandi on there and nut out some ideas.

http://ccc.informe.com/forum/post47141.html#p47141

If it’s an ambulance,
You’ve got a chance.
But if it’s a hearse,
It’s gotta be worse.

^^______________

Sixth Knight of the CCC.
Evilstretch
Aussie Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Postby WolfMaiden1981 on June 23rd, 2011, 11:18 am

Yearofchristine wrote:would you be able to give me mr kobritz contact info. im in the process of making a sequel. im still writing it though. thanks

are you writing a script or just a book? Because I am writing my own version of Christine but it has NOTHING to do with the name of Christine or any of them characters or places...just the concept of a possessed car.
Mandi
WolfMaiden1981

Postby WolfMaiden1981 on June 23rd, 2011, 11:23 am

Dukeboy wrote:The only problem I have with Hollywood doing "Christine" again, is the fact that it undoubtedly will be another tragedy like the DOH movie in '05...Hollywood tries to hard to please this Gen. with a movie that was out a couple Gen Before...The fans of today will NOT be fans of anything Hollywood does to "Christine II"...Our luck, they'd have Rob Zombie or some other "Slasher" type freak doing a 2 hour movie where there's nothing but guts flying everywhere. The Original "Christine" left that to your emagination...This is why it was such a great movie...Don't even get me started on unreallistic CGI effects....

Doing a sequel would be ok MAYBE. It won't be the same at all because the original cast can't be in it. They are what made the movie the way it is along with the director and crew. If John Carpenter isn't directing or even producing it, or if Keith Gordon isn't directing it, it's just not going to be that good.
Mandi
WolfMaiden1981

Postby WolfMaiden1981 on June 23rd, 2011, 1:25 pm

Hey Danny! I'm Mandi and I'm callin' ya out here. If you wish to talk out some ideas on a sequel or just cool ideas, you know where to find me [a_goodjob.gif]
Mandi
WolfMaiden1981

Postby ChristineIsAwesome on October 6th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Maybe a possessed Bedford van that kills guitar players? I'm a guitar player myself but i think its a good idea or maybe haunted instruments
"Something occurs to me. My guitar is Possessed. her name is Christine" - Me
ChristineIsAwesome

Postby 318fins on October 6th, 2011, 8:37 pm

The most logical thing to do if there were a sequel is : start where the original ended using cgi the block of metal that is christine un- wrinkles herself until she is perfect again, then she drives off into the night.Christine would have to stay a 58'plymouth anything less would just not be cool, Then there would be a time lapse of 25 years to today and christine is again found in decrepit condition by another nerd/loser teen whom wants to fix her up.and a revenge story follows, the original movie is on the verge cartoonish but was pulled of in a superb way because Stephen King is amazing at writing characters and character development and also Carpenter is just a one of a kind director his movies simply have a realness to them and feeling and great music too. Since surley neither would be interested in a sequel it sureley would be not very good,some things are best left alone. It would however be cool however to see Christine get some major screen time again.I must say nobody wants to see another 25-30 or lord knows how many more of these gorgeous and almost irreplaceable cars destroyed for the purpose of making a sequel.The coolest thing that could happen if there were a sequel would be for the aftermarket to get behind these cars and make new bodies again like dynacorn is doing with chevys and fords. <RNR>
"You can do it if you put your back into it"
318fins
Christine Car Club Premier Member
Christine Car Club Premier Member

Medals: 4
CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) CCC Perseverence Award (1) Better Business Award (1)

Postby Arnie92 on October 31st, 2011, 9:17 pm

I have been working out my own ideas alot lately. I really like the idea of Dynacorn bodies. (if they were able to build some.) I think that a time lapse of 25 years is about perfect. not only that but have Leah and Dennis get married somewhere before and theyre raising a teen of their own. probably a daughter. who falls for this guy who is fixing Christine up because he found her in a local junkyard. and Christine seeks her revenge that way. but dont call it Christine II that just sounds cheesy. call it something like Cristine; Return of Evil or something like that. thats my opinion on it anyway.
Well, Thanks for the milk.
Arnie92

Previous

Return to Movie Buff General