Gas pedal question

Looking to do a disk brake conversion? Maybe your not sure how to adjust your torsion bars? Post your question here!

Gas pedal question

Postby Car_Junky2000 on October 6th, 2011, 1:31 pm

I don't know what kind of gas pedal to buy to replace the one I have now. My car had a six in it and the gas pedal was connected to linkage. I need a pedal with a cable on it now and no idea what to get. ..Used one from what kind of car? New one from??? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Christina The Kind
Shield Maiden Of The CCC

Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can fly.
Car_Junky2000
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Highscores: 1
Medals: 10
CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) CCC Customization Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1)
CCC Perseverence Award (1) 5 Star General's Award (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) CCC Member Of The Year 2010 (1)
Aussie Victory Medal (1) Big Block (1)

Re: Gas pedal question

Postby 58plym on October 6th, 2011, 2:53 pm

Crisy If I can remember right my gas pedal is like from a 74 or so Dodge Diplomat. It sort of has a rocker on it like a lot of the new ones. I had trouble with it for a while now I sort of have it ironed out. Mine is a little harder to push down because I have some heavy double springs which you have to have for tech out at fire bird. I have pulled the ends off from a couple of them Bought new cables at like 15-20 dollars a whack. Now I bought some bulk cable and have some ends I can crimp on them and that solved that. One thing you need to do when y ou put or hook your cable up make sure it has just a tab of free play at the end of the throw or you will be pullinhg ends off like I was. But with one regular spring Your pull shouldn't be to hard.

Let me look or give me a sort time to look . I think i may have another one in the shop that will work for you. You know what the cost will be if I have one.0

SIR ROBERT THE WISE..... FIRST KNIGHT OF THE CCC
58plym
Knights Order Of The CCC III

Medals: 14
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) CCC Member Of the Year 2009 (1) Club Contribution Award (1)
CCC Customization Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) Religious Dedication Award (1) CCC Achievment Award! (1)
Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1) Medal Mania Medal (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1)
6 Star Generals Award (1) Big Block (1)

Postby Jason on October 6th, 2011, 11:29 pm

You can use whatever pedal you like I guess Chrissy.........So long as you mount it right and route the cable the right way to the carby..............thats a good deal 'ol Bobby has for ya if he finds it!! Good on you Bobby!!!
"You know I've stopped drinking..Yeah thats right, I freeze it now and eat it like a popsickle!!" Dean Martin
Jason
Elite Golden Commando CCC Member
Elite Golden Commando CCC Member

Medals: 9
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Crem De La Crem Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1)
CCC Perseverence Award (1) CCC Achievment Award! (1) 5 Star General's Award (1) Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1)
Poly 301 (1)

Postby Car_Junky2000 on October 7th, 2011, 2:53 am

Thanks Jason and Thank YOU Bob. Part of my worry is.... will it match my clutch and brake pedal? Or will my old pedal part attach to the new parts?

Christina The Kind
Shield Maiden Of The CCC

Car_Junky2000
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) CCC Customization Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1)
CCC Perseverence Award (1) 5 Star General's Award (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) CCC Member Of The Year 2010 (1)

Postby 58plym on October 7th, 2011, 6:07 am

Car_Junky2000 wrote:Thanks Jason and Thank YOU Bob. Part of my worry is.... will it match my clutch and brake pedal? Or will my old pedal part attach to the new parts?

Dang Crisy you sure are picky, Don't look a horse in the mouth with a gift. <roflgif> Just kidding my dear. <roflgif> Let me see what I can come up with. :)

58plym

Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) CCC Member Of the Year 2009 (1) Club Contribution Award (1)
CCC Customization Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) Religious Dedication Award (1) CCC Achievment Award! (1)
Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1) Medal Mania Medal (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1)

Postby Evilstretch on October 7th, 2011, 5:19 pm

Here's a pedal cover for you Chrissy steve evilstretch.gif no need to be fussy on what pedal you get then.
Just click on the pic and it'll cost you $22.49 delivered [a_goodjobson.gif]

If it’s an ambulance,
You’ve got a chance.
But if it’s a hearse,
It’s gotta be worse.

^^______________
_ /_Y________||___\_______
\___@________|____|___@_|
Aussie Slang Translations

Sir Steve The Stouthearted
Sixth Knight of the CCC.
Evilstretch
Aussie Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Highscores: 13
Medals: 6
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) Religious Dedication Award (1)
CCC Achievment Award! (1) 5 Star General's Award (1)

Postby 58plym on October 7th, 2011, 6:09 pm

Evilstretch wrote:Here's a pedal cover for you Chrissy steve evilstretch.gif no need to be fussy on what pedal you get then.

<roflgif> I knew exactly what I WAS GOING TO SEE EVEN BEFORE i SCROLLED DOWN STRECH , IM LEARNING YOU LIKE A BOOK <roflgif>

58plym

Postby Evilstretch on October 7th, 2011, 7:02 pm

58plym wrote: <roflgif> I knew exactly what I WAS GOING TO SEE EVEN BEFORE i SCROLLED DOWN STRECH , IM LEARNING YOU LIKE A BOOK <roflgif>

steve evilstretch.gif that's because we are on the same page brother [a_goodjobson.gif]

If it’s an ambulance,
You’ve got a chance.
But if it’s a hearse,
It’s gotta be worse.

^^______________

Sixth Knight of the CCC.
Evilstretch
Aussie Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) Religious Dedication Award (1)

Postby 58plym on October 7th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Evilstretch wrote:
58plym wrote: <roflgif> I knew exactly what I WAS GOING TO SEE EVEN BEFORE i SCROLLED DOWN STRECH , IM LEARNING YOU LIKE A BOOK <roflgif>

steve evilstretch.gif that's because we are on the same page brother [a_goodjobson.gif]
I have had them on one of my cars a long time ago. <sgtscroggins>

58plym

Postby Car_Junky2000 on October 8th, 2011, 4:04 am

Evilstretch wrote:Here's a pedal cover for you Chrissy steve evilstretch.gif no need to be fussy on what pedal you get then.

WOW! GREAT pedal! Thank you Evil man............ <tanmad> NOT in my Christine.. (o-o)

Christina The Kind
Shield Maiden Of The CCC

Car_Junky2000
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Postby Car_Junky2000 on October 8th, 2011, 4:12 am

58plym wrote:
Car_Junky2000 wrote:Thanks Jason and Thank YOU Bob. Part of my worry is.... will it match my clutch and brake pedal? Or will my old pedal part attach to the new parts?

Dang Crisy you sure are picky, Don't look a horse in the mouth with a gift. <roflgif> Just kidding my dear. <roflgif> Let me see what I can come up with. :)

Sorry Bob I don't mean to be picky. I did some more research and it seams some are floor mount like the original and some are mounted on the firewall. ...This pedal is important and must move freely all the way to the floor. :D

Christina The Kind
Shield Maiden Of The CCC

Car_Junky2000
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Postby 58plym on October 8th, 2011, 8:50 am

Crisy, the type I am talking about is floor mounted. What you would have to do, you will have to drill you some more mounting holes, it would be much easier if you had somebody to help you, then drill a hole for the cable to come through the firewall,

I may need the rephrase the cable part or the pull. Just make sure when it is adjusted that when you put the pedal to the medal that it is all the way to the floor without any pull left. If you have pull left or hard cable it will pull the end out of the cable. Man do I have the wayh with words. I sure hope you understand what I am trying to say. <roflgif>

58plym

Postby 318fins on October 8th, 2011, 9:21 am

"You can do it if you put your back into it"
318fins
Christine Car Club Premier Member
Christine Car Club Premier Member

Medals: 4
CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) CCC Perseverence Award (1) Better Business Award (1)

Postby Evilstretch on October 8th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Car_Junky2000 wrote:WOW! GREAT pedal! Thank you Evil man............ <tanmad> NOT in my Christine.. (o-o)

steve evilstretch.gif

If it’s an ambulance,
You’ve got a chance.
But if it’s a hearse,
It’s gotta be worse.

^^______________

Sixth Knight of the CCC.
Evilstretch
Aussie Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Postby Car_Junky2000 on October 9th, 2011, 4:27 am

318fins wrote:Chrissy Jegs has several universal -type floor mounted pedals ,maybe they can work for your app -
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&Ntk=all&Jnar=0&Ne=1%2B2%2B3%2B13%2B1147708&searchTerm=gas+pedal

Thanks I went and looked at what Jegs had and fell in love with a couple of them but yips all over a hundred dollars... Bobs is looking real good. :)
Do you know what kind of shifter will work with my 747. Bobs right about me being too picky. I want a auto on the floor with a boot....no boxy thing and cable operated to make it easier for me to install. <Duh>

Christina The Kind
Shield Maiden Of The CCC

Car_Junky2000
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Postby 58plym on October 10th, 2011, 3:57 am

Car_Junky2000 wrote:
318fins wrote:Chrissy Jegs has several universal -type floor mounted pedals ,maybe they can work for your app -
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&Ntk=all&Jnar=0&Ne=1%2B2%2B3%2B13%2B1147708&searchTerm=gas+pedal

Thanks I went and looked at what Jegs had and fell in love with a couple of them but yips all over a hundred dollars... Bobs is looking real good. :)
Do you know what kind of shifter will work with my 747. Bobs right about me being too picky. I want a auto on the floor with a boot....no boxy thing and cable operated to make it easier for me to install. <Duh>

Crisy if not, all shifters are cables ow. They are very easy and work real well. One thing about on your tranny the cable won't leak , not like the ones on the older push button ect, The flyid will leak down through cable after lots of wear. I have had and hated those leaking cables, will leave a big puddle of fluid under your car after they sit a couple of days. Here are some Some of them are real simple.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=Shifters&dds=1

58plym

Return to Steering, Brakes & Suspension