RedSleds new mufflers& Pipes

The place to discuss Hot-Rodding your Plymouth! Get tips on increasing horsepower and customizing for performance.

RedSleds new mufflers& Pipes

Postby 58plym on September 12th, 2011, 10:34 am

Well like I said i went out to FireBird Raceway and Made a pass after doing a lot of changes and was very disappointed with a 14.0 at 96 something MPH.I took her up to 6000 and It seemed like it took forever. Where I have taken it up to 6000-6300 and it has went right up there. So I was thinking what I could do to make it go a little faster. So I uncorked my headers (Dumps) and Shifted at 5500 and run a 13:37 at Close to 103MPH, so I picked up over .6 of a second and over 6 MPH. <Duh> Donh't take a rocket science est to figure that out. <roflgif> My exhaust was restricted.

I ordered me a pr of mufflers DynoMax UltraFlo Bullets) from Summit for 41.00 each and took them down to Jimmy's my muffler and radiator man to put them on. He is real reasonable and does a good job for his price.

They are a nice straight through Muffler.

Jimmy He is originally from Louisiana

No more burnt shift cables :lol:

They are very loud, I have drive it on the street after, but I really don't feel to comfortable , afraid I will be pulled over by the police, but they are pretty good if you are not showing out and just driving normal. :)

If you can see I left part of my old pipes underneath and kept the rest of the pipe just in case I want to put a full exhaust back under it. I will be interested how she will run Friday when I take her out and if she is running right I should be able to take her up to around 6300 if she is still pulling good. Last time I took her up to 5500 after I uncorked the dumps and I believe it would have pulled right up there then. We will find out Friday.

SIR ROBERT THE WISE..... FIRST KNIGHT OF THE CCC
58plym
Knights Order Of The CCC III

Medals: 14
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) CCC Member Of the Year 2009 (1) Club Contribution Award (1)
CCC Customization Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) Religious Dedication Award (1) CCC Achievment Award! (1)
Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1) Medal Mania Medal (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1)
6 Star Generals Award (1) Big Block (1)

Re: RedSleds new mufflers& Pipes

Postby Evilstretch on September 12th, 2011, 12:17 pm

Nice set of lungs on Redsled now brother steve evilstretch.gif she looks so fine sitting up there on the hoist. I can't wait [popcorn] for the next vid of her racing down the track :twisted:

If it’s an ambulance,
You’ve got a chance.
But if it’s a hearse,
It’s gotta be worse.

^^______________
_ /_Y________||___\_______
\___@________|____|___@_|
Aussie Slang Translations

Sir Steve The Stouthearted
Sixth Knight of the CCC.
Evilstretch
Aussie Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Highscores: 13
Medals: 6
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) Religious Dedication Award (1)
CCC Achievment Award! (1) 5 Star General's Award (1)

Postby 58plym on September 12th, 2011, 12:45 pm

I hope I will be able to get somebody to video me this time. I will do my best to get somebody to do it. The girl that done the last one done it just perfect. [a_goodjobson.gif]

58plym

Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) CCC Member Of the Year 2009 (1) Club Contribution Award (1)
CCC Customization Award (1) 2009 Fund Raiser Contributor (1) Religious Dedication Award (1) CCC Achievment Award! (1)
Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1) Medal Mania Medal (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1) Aussie Victory Medal (1)

Postby Ben on September 12th, 2011, 2:59 pm

They sure look great {BEN} sean safari inc .gif
Sorry for my English, I'm still having problems with grammar sometimes but I'm doing my best.

Check out my YouTube account => Save Old Cars.

Sir Ben The Brave

Never surrender

Ever get the feeling you can't go on
Just remember whose side it is that you're on
You've got friends with you till the end
If you're ever in a tough situation
We'll be there with no hesitation
Brotherhood's our rule we cannot bend
Ben
German Chapter Leader
Knights Order Of The CCC
Knights Order Of The CCC

Highscores: 8
Medals: 7
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1) CCC Customization Award (1)
5 Star General's Award (1) Darnell Turd Polishers Award (1) Attendance Blowout 2010 (1)

Postby Christinefury on September 12th, 2011, 3:23 pm

supercool.gif [a_goodjob.gif] Looks real good.
Christinefury
Elite Golden Commando CCC Member
Elite Golden Commando CCC Member

Medals: 3
Happy Birthday Medal (1) CCC Post Content Award (1) Club Contribution Award (1)

Postby thisisunreal58Belvy on September 12th, 2011, 5:07 pm

Well Bob, that's a sweet setup but, be careful on the street. If Johnny Law takes a gander under RedSled and sees those now faux tailpipes, he's gonna think you're up to something. No chirping into 2nd gear on civilian pavement for you <roflgif> You're gonna have to find a different way to make Eva go...WOOOOO!! steve evilstretch.gif
Whoa, whoa. You better watch what you say about my car. She's real sensitive.
thisisunreal58Belvy
Christine Car Club Member

Postby 58plym on September 12th, 2011, 6:30 pm

Ben wrote:They sure look great {BEN} sean safari inc .gif

Thanks Ben, I just hope they make it breath as good as it needs to. Wish I had some good long tube headers, but that is out of the question , This year. Maybe next year if I hit a lottery. :)

58plym

Postby 58plym on September 12th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Christinefury wrote:supercool.gif [a_goodjob.gif] Looks real good.

Thanks Matt Im glad you like them. <sgtscroggins>

58plym

Postby 58plym on September 12th, 2011, 6:37 pm

thisisunreal58Belvy wrote:Well Bob, that's a sweet setup but, be careful on the street. If Johnny Law takes a gander under RedSled and sees those now faux tailpipes, he's gonna think you're up to something. No chirping into 2nd gear on civilian pavement for you <roflgif> You're gonna have to find a different way to make Eva go...WOOOOO!! steve evilstretch.gif

<roflgif> Well it takes a little more then that to make Eva go WOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!! anymore. Bujt I picked my daughter Heathr up a couple of days or rather just after I got them put on before I went home and she was all giggly and laughing ; I think she was thinking
won't my ol Dad will ever grow up. ;)

I sure take it easy, because it is almost as lowd as some of the boomer cars with their stereo's <roflgif> .

58plym

Postby moparjoe on September 13th, 2011, 3:16 am

what an awesome machine!
moparjoe

Postby RacerRick on September 13th, 2011, 9:08 am

That looks like it flows pretty good! Let her rip!
1957 Plymouth Savoy Sedan - Needs a good name, but haven't found one that fits yet.
RacerRick
Resurrector of 57's

Postby 58plym on September 13th, 2011, 9:22 am

moparjoe wrote:what an awesome machine!

Thanks Joe, I appreciate it very much :)

58plym

Postby 58plym on September 13th, 2011, 9:26 am

RacerRick wrote:That looks like it flows pretty good! Let her rip!

Yea Joe, It should flow better, I will fing out on Friday at the 100 MPH Shoot out. They call it the King Kong shot out <roflgif> They also have a big swap Meet at FireBird on the same day. :)

58plym

Postby Dukeboy on September 13th, 2011, 11:23 am

Looks great Bobby, I had thought about running those as well, but knew they would be to loud....Any straight through muffler will be increadible loud behind a big block....
Dukeboy

Postby 58plym on September 13th, 2011, 11:31 am

Dukeboy wrote:Looks great Bobby, I had thought about running those as well, but knew they would be to loud....Any straight through muffler will be increadible loud behind a big block....

Thanks Chaney, They definatley makes a guy uncomfortable on the street, Especially when a police officer is close by. Now I have a friend I met on Ebay by the name of Hemi George. Neat guy. He has some called Ultra flow, I got mine wrong they are just DynoMax Bullets. He has the DynoMax Ultras flows on his 426 Hemis, One has like 680 HP and he said they wern't to bad. TGhey are an oval muffler but straight through. I may have to go to them next yeat. The ones I have on was only 41 bucks a muffler and the others are 80 dollars or so. :)

58plym

Postby Arnie1964 on September 13th, 2011, 12:25 pm

I bet she sounds real sharp. In 64 I ran straight flex pipe to the back of mine. Did get a big time warning even back then. <roflgif> Young kid and did not have $$$$$ falling out of my pie hole so straight pipes it was.
When the going gets tough, The tough get going!!

Quote Ronald Regan. " Some people wonder all their lives if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
Arnie1964

Postby 58plym on September 13th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Arnie1964 wrote:I bet she sounds real sharp. In 64 I ran straight flex pipe to the back of mine. Did get a big time warning even back then. <roflgif> Young kid and did not have $$$$$ falling out of my pie hole so straight pipes it was.

Yea Duel pipes a little cam and a couple of carbs and you had yourself a Hot R od. I was always changihng from 2 smittys to a smitty and a straight pipe and 2 straight pipes one stock and one smitty. Spiting the exhaust on an old six cylinder and doing the same thing. I know you could take an overhead ford six cylinder and they sort of sounded lie an 8. They were hard on loud exaust back then, but I thinhk I am right at the limit on the 58, I want to get by the rest of the year before I might try and quieten it down some. I want to try to get a cross over pipe after the trans before I go racing but I don't know if I will make it or not. :)

58plym

Postby RacerRick on September 15th, 2011, 9:39 am

With it dumping where it is, it will be much louder than if you ran full pipes. Expecially in the car.

I have run the Dynomax race bullets on the street and they were ok. They were pretty loud, but not too bad when you were just driving around. I never got hassled.
1957 Plymouth Savoy Sedan - Needs a good name, but haven't found one that fits yet.
RacerRick
Resurrector of 57's

Postby 58plym on September 15th, 2011, 12:00 pm

RacerRick wrote:With it dumping where it is, it will be much louder than if you ran full pipes. Expecially in the car.

I have run the Dynomax race bullets on the street and they were ok. They were pretty loud, but not too bad when you were just driving around. I never got hassled.

Yea Rick I understand that. Im going down to Jimmy's shop and we are doing a cross over pipe. Had that in the plans when I was having the mufflers and pipes put on, but sort of run out of time and he had some good paying customers waiting and I told him I could come back. He is a good friend and I have done him a lot of favors and got him some business so he cuts me slack. <sgtscroggins>

58plym

Postby EVIL_FURY on September 15th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Nice Bob.. :)
EVIL_FURY

Postby 58plym on September 15th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Thanks Chuck, I took the 58 down to Jimmys this afternoon and we finished the job up. We put a cross over pipe between the two dumps, It will make it flo even and if I want to open the dumps all I have to do is take the four bolts off and I have my dumps open. I like that and it is nice and sanitary and is not hanging down or anything. I think it quietened it down just a tab. :D

While we had it on the rack a young man that was visiting from Belgium was driving by and wanted to know if he could take a picture , I said ok and he gave me a card and I told him I would email him some pictures. He was quite a pleasant guy, said he would be headed home tomorrow. His Name was Simon Slap. I don't know what his business was his card read BON 20?

I also had a guy call down there and wanted to know if the owner of the car was there. They gave the the phone and he said he had one when he was a Kid. Ask me if it was for sale. I told him no. I should of put a great price on it, one I wold have to sell it. I could take 10 grand or so of it and build Eva's car up and start racing it. Wouldn't be the same though , I love racing the RedSled 2 ton Race car. <sgtscroggins>

58plym

Return to Duke & Bob's Hot Rod Heaven